RapidCatalog provides a single authoring environment to create 3D interactive parts catalogs that use 3D explosions to illustrate complex mechanical assemblies.
Its interactive 3D environment with part highlighting and drill-down navigation improves the user experience and reduces ordering and purchasing errors. The catalog component increases the productivity of authors. The catalog component increases the productivity of authors and cuts catalog production costs by reusing existing CAD data.
RapidCatalog is a component of RapidAuthor. You can purchase RapidCatalog as a standalone product.
- Use templates compliant with ATA2200, DITA, and S1000D standards
- Author the DPL table and 2D/3D graphics in a single app
- Import an existing BOM and link it, automatically or manually, to the 3D model
- Automatically generate DPL table, callouts, and hotspots from existing CAD data
- Automatically create an explosion view of a group of parts
- Link 3D geometry and 2D hotspots with the DPL table rows
- Create a scrollable DPL table
- Add the shopping basket to the parts catalog. Information about selected items can be delivered to external ordering systems.
- Track changes in the project during the editing process
- Update the DPL table, 3D geometry, metadata, and generated 2D illustrations when engineering or PLM data change
- Preview parts catalog as PDF or HTML publication
- Increase aftermarket revenue and customer loyalty
- Cut parts catalog production and maintenance costs
- Minimize customer errors and product returns
- Minimize support costs as users can self-serve
- Improve spare parts sales
- Lower order processing costs
- Improve productivity
- Maintenance and support